Have you ever dreamed of having magic to make your love relationship last longer? If there is a magic, love will be all around, no more sorrow. Right? Or maybe it’s just that some people learn these secrets of successful relationships from their grandparents, other relatives or friends. And since the latter is probably more accurate, here are some tried and true tips from people who have enjoyed long, happy relationships.
1) Dates: Keep dating each other. Even if life seems too busy, meet at the end of the evening for something light and easy, like viewing your favorite series together or playing a game of Scrabble.
2) Space: Give each other some space. Either you trust them or you don’t. People need time alone and time with their mates and other friends, so be sure to give and take your fair share of space.
3) Forget: No need to “always” remember the bad things that happened during an argument. Make conscious efforts to actively “forget” sometimes. Also, be the first to apologize and make up.
4) Fun: Couple tends to have fun on dates, then get married and become too serious. Lighten up. Think of ways to have fun and games. Head over to the cinema to watch the newest block buster or stay home and try new recipes together, break out the Xbox or other game player or have some rounds of karaoke.
5) Disagree: Agree that it’s okay to disagree on some issues and leave it at that. There’s no need to create a new religion or political movement just to appease both of you. You don’t have to agree on everything – and you won’t, but that’s okay.
6) Refresh: Take time to look back, refresh your memories and share what brought you together. Especially when times are difficult, lean back and rely on these old memories as your foundation and glue yourselves back together with them (not literally, of course!)
7) Memories: Make some together. Enjoy special moments, special anniversary dates and events. They don’t need to be elaborate. For example, maybe you enjoyed watching a football tournament, a concert or holidayed together. The next year, you might schedule time to do it again. Make it an annual event.
Start now with these simple ideas to keep your relationship with your special person longer. What is common with most couples who can stay happily together is that they understand and complete each other.